Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today, I have an 8 month old

Height: 28.5in.
Weight: 22lbs


My Dearest Liam,

You are officially 8 months old, and I am not sure how I feel about that. I can hardly believe that your first birthday is right around the corner. I am watching your days of being a tiny infant slip through my fingers, and it makes my heart ache. I know this is just me being a Mom, because your Dad is ecstatic for you to get older so you two can wrestle, play baseball and so he can show you how to use a hammer. I however, could hold you wrapped up in a blanket while you lay in my arms forever. I do have to admit, the little personality you are developing is so much fun. I have a blast playing on the floor with you for hours each day. I guess this whole growing up thing won't be so bad after all. :) You are developing physically and mentally so quickly!

You are officially a crawler, and you are into EVERYTHING! There have been several occasions where I will put you down in the living room to run into the kitchen for a second, and by the time I come out, you are gone! I have had to search around the house for you several times. For some reason, you always beeline for the laundry room. You are very persistent as well. No matter how many times Daddy and I remove you from something you shouldn't play with, you just continue to try to get past us.

Your very first tooth popped through yesterday, and you are miserable. Each day it sneaks its way out a little more, and man is it sharp! I cannot wait for the day all your teeth are in, I hate seeing you so grumpy and in pain.

You are blabbin' up a storm. No real words yet, but you make a noise that sounds like, " hotttt" and you say, " Na na na na na" when you are hungry. Mostly, you crawl around saying, " Dadadada" and "Mamama" all day long. I am excited for the day when you realize what those words mean!

You are still breastfed, and we're going strong! You still hate purees, but you loooovvee solid finger foods. You hate pureed bananas, but you love chunks of banana. I am guessing it's just the texture. Tonight for dinner you ate a ton of broccoli and peas. I've decided I am going to just stop buying pureed baby foods.

Your personality is coming out and it's so much fun. You have suddenly become a little shy. When I am holding you and a stranger talks to you, you burrow your face into my shoulder. Also, when you get frustrated or mad at us, you growl. It is hilarious! Your favorite game is mimicking. If I pat on something, you will pat on something. Any face Daddy or I will make, you try to do it back. You find yourself quite hilarious. :)

You are soooo lovey lately. We taught you to give kisses, and you are always kissing on Daddy and I; slobbery, open-mouthed and all. You love giving hugs. It melts my heart! You are quite the flirt. Something about the locals here off base get you all giddy. Anytime they look or talk to you, you smile and laugh. You love them! The locals love you, and you love flirting back. Because you are light haired, and light eyed, you catch all kinds of attention.

You have been pulling yourself up on the couches for awhile now, and just recently you started walking along the couches. When we hold your hands, you walk perfectly. You are so strong and determined, I think you are going to be an early walker. ::sigh::

You are huge. You are still in size 4 diapers, and you are wearing size 12-18mo clothes! Nobody believes you are only 8 months old. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of us in the mirror when you are asleep in my arms and it catches me off guard. Where did my tiny 8 pound infant go?!

With your little personality coming out, I am anxious to see how this next month is going to be. I love you with everything that I am, and I can't imagine life without you. But please, slow down little boy, you are growing way too fast! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, sweet, and touching letter. I hope that you are printing these off just in case they get zapped somehow. They will be wonderful for Liam to read later... and for you and Kyle to read later too.

    ReplyDelete