Monday, April 18, 2011

Some of My Favorite Pregnancy/Mommy Products

As most of you may know, my beautiful big sister and brother in law are expecting their second baby. I couldn't be more excited to be an Auntie again! I feel like I am always trying to remember to tell her about a certain baby product I use, or something I used while pregnant, so I decided to make things easier and just write a "favorite products" blog. Since we live overseas, I have to order 99.9% of our belongings online. Because I have to order flippin' everything, I end up doing a ton of research since I can't just go back to the store to return it. Here are a few of my most favorite Mommy things. :)

Quinny Buzz 3 Stroller

This stroller is the bomb.com. We saw a ton of parents pushing these around all over Europe (it's a European stroller.) We always said that when we had a baby, this would be the stroller we were going to get. I cannot explain to you how many times we get stopped when we are out. Everyone comments on it and asks us about it. Anyway, one of my favorite things about it is that to open it, all you do is flip a little latch, an the stroller assembles itself. I can hold Liam in one hand, and open the stroller with the touch of a latch. Collapsing it rules too. It is all so smooth and simple, you never have to shake it open, or kick it, or scream at it. The "big kid" part of the stroller comes off so you can attach a carseat for the infants. When the carseat is attached, it looks like a little carriage. Also, you can switch the "big kid" seat around so it can face you, or leave it where it is so it can face out. The stroller came with a rain shield and bug shield. You can switch out the front tire to make it a running stroller as well. Also, the front tire swivels so you don't have to tilt the stroller back to go around corners. I friggin' love the heck out of this thing! We ordered ours on eBay brand new for $300-ish.

Johnson's Face and Hand Wipes

These are a diaper bag must! I picked these up at Walmart in Reno for a couple bucks. I can't find them here in Okinawa, so I had to switch to a different brand :( Anyway, these are antibacterial wipes and I used them on everything! It is inevitable, some person you don't care for is going to touch your baby, kiss their hands, slobber their face etc. I know I can't STAND it! So, if you don't feel like being rude, just wipe baby down when they are finished :) These wipes smell incredible. I will admit I have used some to wipe my face and arms to "freshen up" if I have been out all day. They smell so fresh and clean! They also work great to wipe off a pacifier that has been thrown on the ground, or a dirty table at a restaurant. I highly recommend buying these babies in bulk! They come in a tiny package that fits well in your diaper bag.
Method Products

I pretty much love Method, and everything they have to offer. We use their laundry softener, hand soaps, baby products, household cleaners..everything! The baby products happen to be my favorite. Their soaps don't contain Peg-80 which is the main reason we buy it. (I will save the Peg-80 talk for another entry ;) ) It leaves Liam's hair smelling delicious enough to eat and his skin so soft! The diaper cream happens to be my second favorite. It comes in a pump-able bottle which makes for a super easy application. You can order all the products on Amazon, or pick them up in Babies R' Us.



Dimpleskins Bum Bum Balm

So, having a baby has turned me into a tree-hugger. Laugh all you want, but I would rather not pump my kid full of chemicals. I stumbled across Bum Bum balm and I LOVE it! It is chemical free and organic. I use this on his toosh daily. He has yet to have a diaper rash. It smells like lavender and it's clear so you don't have to worry about it staining clothes, or baby's bum. It is thick like wax (not a paste) so it can be a little more time consuming to get on there, but it works wonders! I ordered it on Amazon for *I believe* $8.

Udder Cover Nursing Cover

I literally have 6 of these bad boys. I ordered them all from uddercovers.com. Each cover is $32. I ordered one, and since then, the company sends me emails ALL the time for free covers. They send me a promotional code, and the only thing I have to pay for is shipping. These covers are great. They have boning at the top so you can see baby, and baby can see you. The neck strap is adjustable. That way, if you are breastfeeding in a spot where people passing by can see down your cover, you can tighten it up. The adjustable strap helped me a lot when we were flying to California. I tightened it up so that I didn't need to worry about the people sitting behind me seeing my boobies. The patterns are super cute and they are lightweight so you don't have to worry about baby sweating his bum off while he grazes.


Bravado Bliss Nursing Bra

This is my all time favorite nursing bra. I bought at least 6 different bras, and this one is my go-to. I ordered it on eBay brand new with tags, for about $40. It has great support, and light padding so that those passing by can't tell what the weather is like by looking at your chest. The snaps are easy to undo with one hand so you don't have to put your little one down to get the goods out. I believe they come in 3 colors: black, nude and white.


Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

I figgin' love this stuff! I used it twice a day when I was pregnant, and I made it out with only 2 small "battle scars" on my belly. I would apply the oil right after my shower or bath. It doesn't have a strong "foody" smell, and it absorbs quickly. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft. I still use it on occasion on my arms and legs. I believe it is around $4 a bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment