Monday, February 14, 2011

9 Months Old



My little love bug,

Today you are nine months old! Three more months until your very first birthday. I can hardly believe it. I have already started to plan your birthday. I have been looking online for ideas and themes. It's bittersweet. I am so excited that you are becoming your own little person, with your own likes and dislikes, but my heart aches when I think that you will only be a baby for a little while longer.

I wish time didn't have to go so fast...

You are growing at lightning speed. You are a totally different baby from last month. You actually do things now, as opposed to just sitting on the floor watching Daddy and I walk by.

You stood on your own for the first time last weekend. You were holding onto my knees, and you just let go to play with the remote. You were standing like it was no big deal. I started to scream, " Oh my gosh!!" and it freaked you out and you plopped down onto your butt. Nice going, Mom...Since then, you have only done it three or four more times.

You finally eat solids! You mostly love fruit, but I can get you to eat peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. You love any kind of finger foods. There has never been an issue in that department. Your favorite thing ever is apple wedges. You love chomping on them. You are already trying to use a spoon. When I am feeding you, you have to have your own spoon in your hand. When you see me come at you with my spoon, you grab onto it and pull it to your mouth.

You are talking up a storm. You mimic faces Daddy and I will make and you will repeat things we say like dada mama baba etc. If we clap, you clap. If we cough, you cough. I am not going to be one of those annoying parents and say that those (mama/dada) are your first words. Until you can look at Daddy or I when I ask "where's Dada/Mama?" then I am going to say that you don't quite know what that word means yet.

I am not sure how tall you are or how much you weigh since we haven't had a doctor's appointment in months. You are still in size 4 diapers, and you wear 12-18 month clothes. You have two bottom teeth now and I think you are working on your first top tooth.

You caught your first cold last week from me, and you were miserable. It broke my heart to see you feeling so cruddy. There wasn't much I could do to help you either. You would freak out when I tried to use the nose sucker thing on you and you hate having your nose wiped. It was a long week...

You are still breastfed. My goal is to make it to a year. Once we hit that point, we will figure out the best way to ween you. Right now, I am content nursing you. It makes no sense to stop breastfeeding just so I can go spend a ton of money on formula that tastes like a penny.

You can almost wave bye bye. You give high-fives and you slap your legs when you are excited. You started to dance when a song comes on the tv. You do this adorable booty squat thing, I love it. You will randomly make silly faces just to see us do it back, then we all laugh together.

You are such a lover. You always crawl to us just so you can lay your head on our shoulders. You LOVE giving slobbery open-mouthed kisses. You love your Daddy so much, and you LOVE wrestling with him. You tried to wrestle Mommy last week, but that just ended in a shower of kisses. Daddy does all the cool things like throws you in the air and cool flips.

You laugh REALLY hard every time we open the door to leave the house. You get so excited to go on adventures. We just switched you to a convertible car seat because you already grew out your infant one!

I could write all day on all the adorable and silly things you do, so I better stop now. I love you more than you will ever know little boy. You are the best thing that ever happened to Daddy and me.

Stay sweet and stay little. Please?


No comments:

Post a Comment