Kyle and I have been trying to eat cleaner. By that, I mean that if ingredients allow, I try to make everything from scratch to avoid consuming unnecessary preservatives. We got tired of buying crappy Boboli pizza doughs when we wanted to make pizza at home. Have you ever had one in your pantry that NEVER molded? Something is just wrong about that.
Anyway, I found this recipe here. This recipe is so easy for those of you, like myself, who don't own a bread machine.
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Italian seasoning (I used a lot! I LOVE herb bread)
1. Stir water, sugar, and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil, italian seasoning and salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Cover the dough with saran wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
2. Pat the dough on a pan or pizza stone using wet hands. Bake in oven for about 5-10 minutes (you just want to slightly cook the dough). Remove from oven and top with favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment