Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Up, Up, and Away!


So, as most of you may know, Liam's first birthday party is right around the corner. After many discussions with the Hubs, we decided to go with an airplane theme! Cute, bubbly, cartoon-y airplanes that is, not realistic ones.

The colors are going to be red, baby blue and white. I am snagging a few ideas from this here website. Yesterday I bought some red napkins, balloons and streamers. It looks like I will be making most of the decor, and ordering a few things here and there from etsy.

I will be making 2 cakes. One big, and one small smash cake for the boy. I haven't decided if I want to do the cakes in fondant or not.

I'll keep you updated on the planning of the big day. I am so excited! I love planning parties!
...however, I dislike the fact that I almost have a 1 year old...
Where did my tiny baby go?

2 comments:

  1. That's funny, we're doing the same theme for P-man's first birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I have noticed a lot of Mommies are doing the whole airplane theme this year. I haven't really started buying much. Did you have a hard time at all with this theme?

    ReplyDelete