Oh my goodness, where has the time gone?! I can't believe I was running around the house like a crazy person getting everything ready for his birthday party a month ago!
Every day, Liam seems to change into a different baby. He is growing and developing and learning something new every single day. With that being said, the little dude has also learned to throw a mild tantrum. Liam does not like being told, "no." Kyle and I don't say it often unless he is in danger because I want him to feel like he can roam around and experience things in his tiny world. I don't want to put boundaries on everything. If he is about to pull something off a shelf, or pull the bird cage down, or break something etc. is when we tell him no, and boy does he let us know he's upset about it. He becomes dramatic and plops down on the floor and whine/growls/fake cries for a couple seconds and then he's done. Kyle and I can't help but laugh, then I get blamed for passing the "dramatic" genes onto Liam. Psh!
He is being so stubborn about walking. He knows how to walk, and he will walk to Kyle and I no problem, but he still prefers to use crawling as his main form of transportation. Occasionally he walk walk from one couch to the other, but long distances he crawls. He has known how to walk for almost 2 months now, but he lacks the confidence to get up and just go! I am not going to rush it or get impatient because I know as soon as he walking and running and taking the car and graduating from college, I am going to look back and wish his crawling days didn't go by so fast.
The mountain of pureed foods in the pantry is finally gone, and he is eating only big boy foods. It has been a challenge though...He would eat pureed broccoli, green beans, you name it, like a champ, but it is a struggle to get him to eat them in their natural form. I have to trick him most the time and it's exhausting. His all time favorite meal is pasta with red sauce. He will tear some pasta up! He also has a weakness for yogurt. Someone takes after his cousin ;) Breastfeeding is coming to an end. I m so proud of Liam and I for making it an entire year! A year has always been my goal and I am excited we made it! My supply is almost gone. I stopped pumping and since he sleeps through the night (most nights,) I only nurse like maybe once or twice a day. I am easing out of it and I am ready for it to come to an end and I feel I am going about it the right way so keep your comments to yourself yo!
He interacts with Kyle and I a whole lot more. He mimics us all day and he responds to questions by using his body. I can ask a question like " where are the birds?" or " where is the airplane?" and he will look directly at the object and get all excited. So, he knows words, he just hasn't quite figured out how to say them. He is becoming quite adventurous. He tries to climb everything! The couch, his lego table, his dump truck, the chairs. He is really good at keeping me on my toes.
He is wearing size 18-24 mo clothes, size 5 diapers and size 6 shoes!
Tomorrow is his first dental exam! He is such a big boy now and going to big boy appointments! I know I say it every time I write his monthly update, but boy time sure goes fast :(
I wish this little mister would slow the heck down, but he is so much fun! Kyle and I have the most fun, the most belly aching laughs, and the most love for our little guy. I love love love being his Mommy and I thank God every single day for choosing us to be his parents.
I love you so much it hurts, little Liam!

No comments:
Post a Comment