Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Typhoon Muifa update

Not much has changed since I last posted. Today was a beautiful day! I guess that is why they call it "the calm before the storm." It is now 9:30pm and the wind has picked up drastically. We have our patio packed up, and everything is shoved into our storage closets. They are saying it is going to hit at some point tomorrow. Word on the street is it will hit late afternoon-ish. I hope it hits during the day! Typhoon Songda was creepy because it hit at night and we could only hear the damage being done outside. All the street lights were out, so it was pitch black. You could only see big black shadows flying through the air and slamming into our building.

Now, our power is probably going to go out. The latest update I heard was that Typhoon Muifa will be barreling 29 miles SW of Kadena Air Base at 10 am Friday, packing sustained 132-mph winds and 161-mph gusts at its center. If it remains on course & as strong as advertised, Muifa should be the strongest typhoon Okinawa has experienced since Bart ravaged the island 12 years ago!!

So chances are we will be without power. I don't imagine you, family members of mine, will freak out since the states doesn't show our weather on your news so therefore you probably have no idea we are about to get hit with a Category 3 hurricane. If you are curious of the damage or current location of the hurricane, just google "Typhoon Muifa."

Kyle and I stocked up on junk food, wine, beer and all kinds of baking ingredients! Oh and art supplies to get a start on my sister's baby shower! We are set to go!!

I will update more as this beast approaches the island!

No comments:

Post a Comment