
I know, I know. This update is seriously late. What can I say, I am a super busy Mama to an INSANELY busy boy! So much has changed over the past few months. I have unwillingly accepted that Liam is now a toddler, and no longer a baby. I miss my snuggly clean smelling infant. His replacement sure is fun though! Even if he is covered in food and dirt 90 percent of the time.
Things around here are going great. We are heading back to the states for a month long visit the week of September 18th. We have been on this rock for over a year, and we both are needing to break free for a bit. I am nervous as heck to fly with Liam just because he DOES NOT SIT STILL! It is going to be a looooonnng flight. We just bought a Sony blu ray/dvd player for the plane, so hopefully that will eat up some time. I swore to myself that I would never become that parent...that was before I became a parent. So to all the Mama's out there I judged in the past, my apologies.
We are getting PUMPED for our big PCS next July-ish! I like Okinawa, but it is hard to love Okinawa when you spent the last three years living in Europe. We are ready to live back in the states and be around family. It's very important to us that Liam know all of his Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles and Cousins.
Anyway, on to the boy. He is growing and learning so fast! It's so much fun to interact with him now. He makes Kyle and I laugh so hard every single day. I sure love that little dude. At 15 months old, Liam is able to:
*Wear 18mo shirts, and 2t pants/shorts (cinched all the way in the waist though.)
*Size 5 or 6 diapers. Depends on the brand.
*Brush his hair and his teeth on his own.
*Wave hello and bye-bye
*When I say, " Get your shoes so we can go bye-bye." He scampers over to the shoe closet and brings me his shoes and plops down on my lap. He even attempts to put them on himself.
*He points to EVERYTHING and wants to know what it is. He will point and say, "Da..." and then we tell him what it is.
*If we are singing a song, he will join in and just hum or sing notes.
*He shakes his head yes or no. He loves shaking no when it comes time to eat dinner...
*Blows on hot food or candles. His "blow" is more of a spout of air coming out of his nose.
*He picks up my necklaces and puts them on and wears them around the house.
* He is OBSESSED with airplanes. That boy has so many toy airplanes, and he loves them all equally. He flies them around the house while making airplane noises. Anytime he sees planes outside he points and gets all excited.
* He also loves toy cars. He drives his Hot Wheels all over the house too making vroom noises.

* He knows what face a fish makes. I ask him to do it all day because it's pretty much adorable.
* He mimics everything. If I snap at him for doing something wrong, he will speak jibberish back to me in the same tone.
*His first molar popped in on August 18th. His 2nd molar came in a few days later.
*He loveeeess coloring. This new hobby of his buys me at least 2o minutes to get some house cleaning done.
* He is a CLIMBER! He climbs on the dining table, the couch, in his dresser, the baby gate, the rocking chair, into the dishwasher, on the dryer...If you name it, he probably has climbed it.
*Eating is still an ongoing battle. I have just settled on the fact that he will eat what he wants, when he wants. When he gets hungry enough, he will have to eat. No more specially made dinners for him. That's just dumb and was getting us nowhere.
* He has learned to run. If we are in public and if I let go of his hand for a SECOND, he takes off.
* Last but not least, he has mastered the art of going down a slide.
I am in disbelief of everything he does now. Let's face it kids, he's a toddler. He keeps me so so busy, but I can't imagine life without him. He is my whole wide world and I love him to a trillion pieces.
What in the world did I do with all my free time before he came into our lives?!

No comments:
Post a Comment