
Yesterday we had Liam's 6 month well-baby appointment. Everything is going very well. The details of his growth are:
Weight: 17lbs 8oz (60th percentile)
Height: 27.5 in (90th percentile)
Head: 17.6in (90th percentile)
So at this point, it appears we have a tall, slender baby with a large nugget haha. He is not gaining weight as fast as he normally was. It definitely has slowed down some since his weight usually is in the 80-90th percentile, but nothing to worry about. He's average for his age so don't go freaking out Mom haha.
I talked with his pediatrician and she said there is never a rush to get babies on solid foods so soon, and since he still is spitting more back out at me than he's swallowing, we are able to wait a couple more weeks before trying again. This time I think I may just mix rice cereal with some veggies and see how he handles that. She did recommend that if he eats other foods, but continues to puke with the rice cereal, that we should get some labs done to see if he may have an allergy. So, time will tell.
Since his 2 mo shots were a little delayed, all his others will also be delayed. He will be 6 mo on the 15th, but he's not due for his shots until the 30th. I HAAATTEE getting him shots. It breaks my heart seeing him in pain, and they never get easier to watch. Good news is after this round, he should be good until he's a year old! WooHoo!
He has been tugging and rubbing his ear a whole lot lately, especially while he's feeding. Also, he is sleeping like poo! After I put him to bed at 7pm, he wakes up every hour on the hour until about midnight or so. He just wakes up crying, so I'm thinking he may be starting the teething process. I've read they tug and rub their ears when teething because their gums feel like they are tingling/vibrating, and they are unsure how to locate that feeling so they think it's in their ears.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that your grandson/nephew is growing like a weed and is doing well! Doctor said everything is going perfect! I will post more on his growth/development in his 6 mo blog. For now, I am going to take a hot bath and go to bed.
And yes, it is only 9pm on a Saturday night. This whole Mommy thing is a ton of work, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment