I can't believe Liam is already half a year old! To reward him, he will be getting shots... (and not the good kind.)

Happy half birthday, my sweet little boy!

He has changed sooo much within the last few weeks. 6 months old seems like such a huge milestone to me. I no longer feel like I have an itty bitty newborn. When we go out in public, I no longer get comments on how tiny he is, or hear " Aww look at that newborn baby.." Now I hear, " Oh he's 6 months? He must be getting into everything...better start baby proofing..."
I love watching him explore the world. Everything is brand new to him, and it just amazes me to watch his brain grow. I love this little boy so much, I can't imagine life without him.
He's my everything.
Liam has been developing so fast it seems.
Around Halloween, he started sitting up on his own with minimal assistance. A few days later, I walked out into the living room and caught him on his hands and knees. In just a few weeks, he has learned to fully sit up by himself (I still sit near him because his legs tend to launch himself backwards on occasion) and he is starting to crawl. He will move his knees up as if hes crawling, but he hasn't quite figured out how to move his hands at the same time, so he ends up face planting into the carpet. He is also able to go from sitting, to a crawling stance.
He still hates solid food. I have tried rice cereal, carrots and sweet potatoes and he hates them all. He takes to the sweet potatoes more than he does anything else, but it is still an ongoing battle to get him to swallow. He is a boob baby, and that's all there is to it. I will continue to try solids everyday in hopes it will just click one day.
He is still exclusively breastfed, and I don't feel like I am anywhere near the stopping point. I am totally content breastfeeding him. As a stay at home mom, I don't see any reason to switch to formula. It would make no sense to me to start paying for his food when I can make it for free. Plus, breast milk is all around better for him.
He is teething and it sucks. There isn't an actual tooth present yet, but I feel it will make its appearance in the near future. He is drooling everywhere, biting everything and he is super whiny and clingy.
On his 6 month birthday, he FINALLY slept through the night! I had him almost sleeping through the night around 5 months, but then he started to teethe which was causing him to wake up every hour....Ugh, talk about exhaustion! He goes to bed at 7pm every night, and he won't wake up until about 4-5am for a snack, then will USUALLY sleep until 830-9am. He is a good night sleeper! For the first time in MANY months (since I was around 7 months pregnant), I got SIX consecutive hours of sleep!
He is talking SOO much now! His new favorite thing to say is, " Ma ma ma ma." I know he has no idea that's my name, but I like to pretend he does. ;) He also says a lot of " Ba Ba's" and "Pa pa." It's so fun to listen to him babble all day.
He is absolutely obsessed with the remote controls, my Klean Kanteen water bottle and his Burt's Bees shampoo bottle. His eyes light up when he sees either of them, and he lunges at them with drool pouring out of his mouth.
Those are just a few of his major milestones this month. I still can't believe he's growing so fast!
>

No comments:
Post a Comment