Sunday, September 26, 2010

Applesauce Raisin Bread

So, since I have been trying to eat healthier, I needed to think of healthier snack foods to keep around the house instead of cookies.

I stumbled across this recipe and it is so yummy!

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45min-1hr




1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons (I used WAY more) ground cinnamon
1 cup dry oatmeal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup raisins
1 1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup apple juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan.


2. Soak raisins in apple juice.


3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, oats and brown sugar.


4. Add applesauce, oil, eggs and milk.


5. Stir until just combined. Mix in the raisins (not the apple juice)

6. Spread evenly into loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.


7. Cut yourself a big ol' slice and enjoy! After all, it is low-fat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment