
Yesterday we got Liam's 4-month shots. This round of vaccines have sure kicked Liam right in the butt. His 2 month shots didn't really affect him. He got a low grade fever for a night that was cured by one dose of Tylenol. This round is a totally different story...
First off, the lady that administered them was a complete psycho and was completely stressed out and acted like she had never administered a shot before in her life, even though that is what she does every day from 7am-4pm. She made the already awful experience, that much more worse. Liam pretty much hated her guts as well. She got irritated with me because I wanted to hold Liam during the shots, and she was getting stressed out because he was wiggling his legs after she stabbed one chubby thigh. What the hell do you expect lady?! For him to sit there with a smile and say, " That felt great. Please stab my other thigh, I promise to sit here all calm."
Anyway, Liam screamed and cried, I shed a few tears and we were out the door. One leg bandaged up with Bugs Bunny, the other bandaged with Daffy Duck.
The first several hours after the shots, Liam was totally fine. A little lethargic, but nothing too notable. Around 12pm everything changed. He started to get super achy and even more lethargic. Anytime I would pick him up to move him he would wine in pain and he started to run a temp. We spent the afternoon napping and watching, " It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."
By bedtime, Liam was running a 101.1 temp and had chills.
Time for Tylenol.
The entire night is a blur. Liam was waking up every 20 minutes just wanting a boob, or to be held. I gave him Tylenol every 4 hours. His temp was reaching 102.8, and the Tylenol would only bring it back down to 100. I spent the entire night checking on him and comforting him. He was miserable.
Today he is a little better. Still running a temp and still clingy as ever. It's okay though. It gives me an excuse to have a lazy, movie-filled day with my favorite boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment