Today was a big day for me...well, and Liam.
We decided it was time to start him on solids. I have to admit, it has been something that I was trying to put off. Liam is still exclusively breastfed, so giving him rice cereal almost feels like I am being cheated on! That, and it means Liam is growing up, which I am in denial about.
We decided to give rice cereal a try because he was acting like he was starving after every feeding. Also, anytime I eat while holding him, he tries to steal my food out of my hand, and whacks my silverware, water bottle or whatever I may be holding at the time. He is always very interested in what Kyle and I are eating.
So we gave it a shot earlier this evening, and here are the results:

HE DID NOT LIKE IT ONE BIT!
He was sooo hungry when I sat him down to feed him, that he was thrashing around in excitement. Every time I would come in toward his mouth with the spoon (cue the obnoxious airplane noise parents make when feeding their infants) he would thrash around, arms and legs flailing everywhere knocking the rice cereal off the spoon and all over my arms, his legs, and his outfit (notice the blob on his left sleeve.) We both were a hot mess. Once I got some in his mouth he made the most disgusted face I have ever seen.
I couldn't help but laugh.
I have to admit, I was highly entertained by this feeding. We didn't give him much. I only mixed a tablespoon of rice cereal with 4 tablespoons of breast milk.
About halfway through his "meal" he started to get pissed. Most of the cereal was making its way onto his festive bib, and not in his mouth. He was having a hard time figuring out how to move the food from the front of his mouth, to the back of his throat. He did manage to get a few bites in, but not much. We will try this solid food shenanigans another time.
After he made a mess of him and I, I gave him the boob and all was good in his little world.
Then it was off to the bathtub for a scrub a dub.
Our little boy is growing up so fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment