Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Liam's 2 Month Update


Weight: 12.54 pounds
Height: 23.23 inches
Head: 16.22 inches

There is a small part of me that is saddened that it is already time to give a 2 month update. I always thought Mom's were just being dramatic when they say, " enjoy every minute, they grow up fast." But, it really is true. It seems like just yesterday I was taking belly pictures and anticipating his arrival.

It's funny, because I am now one of those obnoxious Mommies that thinks their child is more advanced and smarter than all the rest of the babies his age. Liam has reached some more milestones this past month, and it is absolutely incredible to watch him learn and experience things for the first time. It has really opened our eyes and taught us to appreciate the smaller things in life. Every single developmental mark makes me so proud of him.

Liam has been smiling a whole lot more. Every single morning I wake up to a smiling, talking baby. If you look at him and make eye contact and smile, he will reciprocate. These past couple weeks he has been trying to laugh, it sounds more like a cough however. It melts your heart none the less. His smile can light up your day. Nothing makes me more weak in the knees than seeing his big, gummy smiles. It doesn't take much to make him smile that big either. Simple things like a high pitch tone in your voice, a silly face, a rub on his cheek or belly, or even something as simple as making eye contact. It is amazing that I am able to make someone so happy by doing the most simple things. He is constantly watching Kyle and I, and gets beyond excited when he realizes that we are watching or looking at him. He starts cough laughing and kicking his legs all over the place when he gets attention. I think someone is going to be a little ham when he gets older ;)

He is also talking a whole bunch. He has started this thing where if I have to shout to ask Kyle something across the house, Liam will talk louder like he is trying to shout over me, or be part of the conversation. When Kyle and I are deep in conversation, Liam always tries to join in. He is making more tones, and no longer is limited to "oooh's" and " ahh's."

Last week, Liam rolled over in his crib three times in a row. He acted like it was no big deal, and didn't even struggle. Kyle ran to get the video camera, and of course, he wouldn't do it again. I think he was just pooped out from the rolling, and his strength to hold his chest and head up was gone. He is doing great with holding his head up. Anytime we are at the store, he sits up straight while I hold him. He no longer sleeps during trips to the store, he is wide awake and silent, like he is taking in all the colors and noises.

It is so neat, because we are starting to see his little personality develop. He is so anxious to look around and learn, and I can no longer just keep him in his carseat when we go out to eat, or while we are shopping. I now have to take him out of his carseat and sit him on my lap while we're out to eat since he is too small to sit up in a highchair. He gets fussy in the grocery store when he is strapped in a carseat, he likes to be held so he can look around and see what is going on around him. Lately he has been insisting on sleeping on his side. I put him down on his back and he grunts and wiggles until he can get up on his side. Also, when I put his blanket on him, he always pulls it up by his face and buries and nuzzles in it until his face is slightly covered, then he instantly falls asleep.

He is grabbing more and more things. He is starting to get his death grip when he grabs hold of my fingers, hair or necklace..or Kyle's chest hair hah. I am getting excited because that means he is close to being able to appreciate his grabby-toys!

I don't believe his eye color is going to change. They are a dark blue and they are so beautiful. His hair has lightened since birth, and has a lot of red in it when the sun hits it. His tear ducts have developed now, so his cries are now tear-filled which makes it that much harder to see him sad or upset.

He is becoming such a fun little dude! Every day we wake up, it seems like he has learned something new. It is so fun watching him grow and learn, I just wish things would slow down a smidge. Before I know it he will be asking for the car keys...

No comments:

Post a Comment