
Liam sound asleep before our crazy night started.
So, last night pretty much sucked.
As you know, last night we transitioned Liam from his "infant napper" that is attached to his pack-n'play, to the bottom flat part of the pack-n'-play (the pack-n'-play is right next to our bed). He did really well at first. This was his first time sleeping on a hard surface, so I figured last night was going to be a little rough.
Rough doesn't even begin to explain it...
Liam slept for 3 hours straight at first. Of course, I spent those 3 hours out in the living room watching a movie with Kyle and catching up on emails and what not. I eventually got in bed around 10:30pm and Liam woke me up at 11pm wanting to eat. From 11pm on was a nightmare...
He woke up every 30ish minutes allll niiigghhhtt loonngg! I think the longest stretch of sleep I got last night was maybe an hour. He wakes up flailing around because he is not used to feeling like he has so much freedom. Now normally, I would just swaddle him to make him feel confined and safe, but homeboy doesn't like to be swaddled either.
Tonight seems to be playing out the same way. Liam has been in his bed for 45 minutes, and I have already had to go in there 3 times. I know it's just a matter of time before he gets the hang of this bed. I need to do this so that the transition to the crib won't be so difficult. The reason we are using the pack-n'-play next to our bed is because a bassinet is too expensive, and the pack-n'-play serves the same purpose. It is so tempting to just stick him in our bed with us so we both can get some rest, but I have to stay strong. Otherwise, this is just going to be an ongoing event every single night.
Anyway, I am beyond exhausted and have a killer headache. This blog is random and isn't making very much sense anyway hah.
I've learned my lesson from last night, and that is to go to bed as soon as I can before he wakes up wanting a boob. So off I go...
Goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment