Thought#1--Today was a bit of a busy Sunday. Kyle got up with Liam, which allowed me to sleep in until 9am. Since I am used to getting up at 6am, getting up at 9am made the whole day shoot by. We called family, did chores and put Liam down for his nap. Before I knew it, it was already 2pm!
We needed a few groceries from the Commissary and we both were dreading going. The Commissary is insane on the weekends (think of Safeway on the day before Thanksgiving...that's how our store is EVERY WEEKEND and in the evenings...oh, and on payday...so basically all the time), and I was not in the mood, nor did I have the patience to load up the baby, make a bottle, or put him in his carrier in this heat just to grab a few groceries. Kyle offered to go to the store for me so I could stay home with the babes.
I made him a short grocery list (with specifics as to which isle each item is in so he doesn't have to wander) and sent him on his merry way.
I wrote down on a post-it that I needed a small bag of all-purpose flour, and a can of chicken broth so I can make chicken and dumplings for dinner this week.
Kyle walks in the door with a huge 10-pound bag of flour, and 5 cans of chicken broth haha. He said he was unsure how many cans I needed, so he decided to buy 5. I have no idea what I am going to do with a 10-pound bag of flour, at least it should last me the rest of the year. The grocery bags were filled of all kinds of randomness from the grocery store. I thought it was funny and cute at the same time.
Thought#2--I have overcome my denial. I have accepted that Liam has outgrown his infant napper (and all his newborn clothes!) that is attached to his pack-n'-play. At night when he stirs, I hear his heels hitting the ends of the infant napper. When he stretches, I hear his hands hitting the canopy attached to it. He simply is just too big for it. We decided to remove it, and allow him to just sleep in the flat bottom park of the pack-n'-play (basically it's set up just like his crib now.) I brought him to bed at 7:30pm, and he was out, and sound asleep by 7:45pm. I spent the next 30 minutes holding and rocking him, dreading laying him down in his bed because I knew (or at least thought) he was going to wake up. This was his first time sleeping on a hard surface. I finally moved him into the pack-n-play and he didn't make a sound. I covered him with a blankie and just stared at him. He no longer needs to be swaddled or cuddled up in blankets or in my arms to sleep. My little boy is growing up! He looks so big in his bed too. I can't believe how fast everything is going. I probably sound crazy to those who have not experienced motherhood...but to other Mommies, my feelings are normal...right? haha
Thought#3--I am going on month 8 of not drinking soda. Overall, it's easy to avoid it. There are some nights, however, that I watch Kyle sip his Cherry Pepsi, and I want to scream. I have nothing against those who drink soda. This has become more of a mind challenge for me. I made a New Year's resolution to not drink soda (mainly as a joke.) Well, I have gotten so far without drinking it, that I now want to see how much further I can go...Anyway, I have created a drink that cures my soda craving. I fill a glass halfway with lemon flavored fizzy water, and the other half with grapefruit juice. It tastes JUST like Squirt soda. The carbonation quenches my soda cravings. It's fantastic. Enough said.
Thought#4--An old wive's tale says that drinking a dark beer will help increase milk supply. Last night Kyle poured me a Guinness and I had a few sips before I started feeling guilty. It was the best thing I have consumed in a long time! (And I am not a beer drinker.) I better continue to stay away from wine, I don't know that I could stop myself after one sip. Man O' man I miss wine...
Thought#5--I don't know if it's breastfeeding, or my hormones still going crazy from the pregnancy, but I feel as though I am in a constant state of PMS. I have uncontrollable cravings all day, everyday. I just want to sit on my butt all day, and stuff my face full of chips and chocolate. It is so hard to tell these cravings "no!" If I don't watch myself, I will be a whale in a matter of a day.
Thought#6--The best $1.99 I have ever spent was on a sound application for my iPhone. This app has 40 different sleep sounds it plays (thunder, beach waves, rainforest etc.) My favorite one is the white noise. I carry my iPhone with me in every room now when I am with Liam. Anytime he hits one of his screaming/crying spells, I turn on the app, crank up the volume and he is silent within seconds. Sometimes he will get so tired that he just cries and cries. The minute I turn the app on, his eyes start drooping, and he is asleep within 5 minutes. I have had to place my iPhone in his swing, his pack-n'-play, his carseat, stroller...pretty much wherever it's needed.
Thought#7--You know it's time to redo your toenails when your husband says, " Babe, should we get you another pedicure?" I looked down at my toes yesterday and saw chunks or toenail polish on only my big toes that had been there since my pedicure in April....
I just haven't found time to even paint my toes! (Don't worry, I managed to find some time last night before bed haha)
Thought#8--Last, but not least, I have learned that showers are a luxury. I am unable to take showers in the morning because Liam is attached to me from the minute he wakes up. He is not one of those babies that is fine with sitting in his bouncy in the bathroom while I shower. He pretty much wants constant attention. So, I have resorted to showering at night, which is ok because this humidity makes us all sweaty throughout the day and there is no way I am going to bed sweaty and dirty. After I put Liam to bed, I have to run and shower because there is a chance he may wake up within the hour wanting to eat. I look forward to my shower time. It is the only 20 minutes of my day where I get pure silence. I don't have to worry about Liam crying, or Kyle telling me Liam is hungry, so he needs a boob. If it's a REALLY good, quiet night, I end up just standing there under the hot water for as long as I can. Having time to shave is also a even bigger luxury in my life.
On that note, it's shower time! Peace out, girl scout!

No comments:
Post a Comment