Saturday, July 24, 2010

Liam's New Main Squeeze

For the first time, on his 10 week birthday, Liam grabbed (and held onto) a toy! I am beyond excited!

I was changing Liam out of his jammies, and walked out of the room and left him with Kyle so I could pick out an outfit for him (his clothes were still in the dryer). I came back in the room to find Kyle all excited and looking down at Liam. I saw our little boy hanging onto and thrashing around one of the first toys we bought him!

Of course, if you know me, you already know that I immediately ran out of the room and grabbed both my Nikon camera and our video camera. I was quickly snapping pictures, and then quickly switching hands to videotape the action.

I bought this particular toy for him because I knew it would be easy for him to wrap his little fingers around the red tubes. Also, it is not too hard, so he wasn't being hurt when he whacked himself three times in the face with it. The leaves on the apple make a loud crunchy noise, which he also loves. I highly recommend this toy for new babies who are just learning to grasp things.

I am so excited that he now takes an interest in his toys. It is so amazing to watch him explore the world, one toy at a time. I love watching his facial expressions when he discovers a new texture, or sound, so introducing all kinds of new toys in his life is going to be a blast for all three of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment