So my milk supply seems to be drying up...
And I have no idea why! I am not taking anything other than a calcium supplement and a prenatal vitamin. I eat enough calories and drink enough water. The longest I have gone without latching Liam on was like 5 hours. That should not have been long enough to dry up my supply...
The only thing I can think of that would cause this is stress...
Kyle and I both have been decently stressed with this move, getting time to head to the states, being new parents, and a ton of crap he is dealing with at work.
Looks like I need to do some relaxing....
I am worried about my milk supply...I have no intentions of giving Liam formula at all. I am only getting about 4 ounces out of both, when I used to get 12!
I am doing a ton of research on how to increase my supply. I am drinking a "Mother's Milk" tea that contains fenugreek which increases supply. I have also read oatmeal and almonds will do the trick as well as pumping/nursing every hour.
So here I am. Eating almonds, oatmeal, tea, and a huge glass of water all while I sit here pumping.
Wish me luck...

No comments:
Post a Comment